The TKT factory was established in 1979 under the name Tvornica Kablova Duvno. It had 13,500 m2 of covered production areas and 20,000 m2 of storage area. Its production range included power cables, aluminium and copper ropes and building cables.
For the first two years, it operated within the Soko Mostar system. In 1982 the company joined the Energoinvest Sarajevo business system, where it remained until 1991. During this period, it achieved good production results, namely about 7,200 tons of cables per year, and provided employment for 350 to 420 workers. Even at that time, it exported about 40 percent of its products to foreign markets.
In 2001, the company was purchased by the Kapis, d.o.o., company from Petrovče. A condition of the purchase of the factory was the employment of 219 workers and a 3.5 million EUR investment in the modernisation of production.
In 2002, every effort was directed towards preserving the production from the previous year as well as to the provision of better conditions for the suppliers of raw materials for the production of cables. The company was intensively investing its assets into the modernisation of production and it succeeded in realizing 60 percent of the contractual value under the title of a long-term investment, to which it had committed upon the purchase of the factory.
In the development of new products, they work together with the Institute of Machine Engineering of the University of Mostar. Simultaneously with investing in the modernisation and expansion of production, they were also investing in the organisation of business operations and the unification of the information system.
Thus, in 2003, the TKT factory obtained the ISO 9001 management certificate, followed by the ISO 14001 environment management certificate in 2006.
In 2008, they started preparations for new investments into production modernisation in the amount of EUR 5 million, which will further increase the production volume by an additional 60 percent due to the elimination of production bottlenecks. At the same time, this will improve the quality of the manufactured cables.
The Kapis TKT production range includes the following product groups:
- Flexible products of various types for the automotive industry and household appliances,
- Building cables with insulation and PVC jackets,
- Copper and aluminium power cables with insulation and PVC and HDPE jackets, with XLP insulation and PVC jackets and with XLPE insulation and HFFR (Halogen-Free Flame Retardant) jackets,
- Self-supporting cable bundles made of XLPE,
- Ropes (Al/Fe, Fe, Cu, AlMgSi),
- Armoured cables (double steel band, round steel wire, flat steel wire, round aluminium wire),
- The production of PVC granules.
Sales volume by years:
- In 2006, the production amounted to 8,100 tons of products,
- In 2007, the production amounted to 11,000 tons, and a 34-percent growth was generated,
- In 2008, the production achieved a 22-percent growth with 13,300 tons of products,
- In 2009, the realization of production was 16.400 tons and a 34-percent growth,
- In 2010, the realization of production was 12.000 tons of products,
- In 2011, the realization of production was 9.000 tons of products,
Currently, the number of employees amounts to 171 workers. The qualification structure is good. The company prefers to employ personnel with high professional education in the technical and sales fields, while providing permanent education for all employees.
Today, the factory is one of the largest cable manufacturers in South-East Europe and the fifth largest exporter in Bosnia-Herzegovina.